Thursday, April 22, 2010

Light & Shelter



Matthew 5: 14-16 reads “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Jesus says to us, "You are the light of the world." Jesus has given us His light, Jesus has made us light, for only one purpose – to shine for Jesus. Like the lighthouse keeper we have no excuse if we do not keep the light burning.

Let us be encouraged and remember His promises that He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust'...If you make the Most High your dwelling, even the LORD, who is my refuge—then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. They will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.”
Psalm 91:1-2, 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment