Sunday, May 8, 2011

AIM HIGH OR LOOK FAR


I should have retired but for the grace of God, He has prolonged my career. I asked myself what can I share that might interest the younger generation. My though is written as in this title. Before I go on, I would like to post you this question. Do you see me as a person who has succeeded? At least I think I am not a total failure in life.

I hope I don’t surprise you when I say I have never aim high and also hardly aim ”anything” in my entire life. What I have just “came” to me or near me and within my reach so I took it. I suppose I must be very blessed to have much without aiming high for these “things”.

I do realize that I have the fondness to look far and this begin as early as in the day of my childhood (pre-school). On one occasion I followed my mother to a Chinese movie and the part that showed heaven with angels moving on clouds. Wow! I want to be there one day. I learned about our solar system in school year six. I wish to travel there and have a closer view. After form five, I hitch hike with my friend to Taiping and climbed Bukit Larut. That evening up on the hill experiencing the clouds passing by me remind me of the Chinese movie I have seen in my childhood. Years later I took my wife and 3 daughters to the same place (Taiping Hill) to experience the tranquility. I was still a bachelor when I have the opportunity to join my brothers’ army group on a trip up Mt. Kota Kinabalu, I felt the closeness to heaven back then. Until now heaven is just a dream to me because I did not know the right way to reach it.

Then fate and faith has it for our family some 12 years ago. Now we need not dream anymore but just look far ahead because Heaven is real.

Matt 16:26, For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?

By Teh Chin Guan

No comments:

Post a Comment